ITEC Diploma in Aromatherapy
A unique and special Aromatherapy course.
Janice, the principal tutor was trained by the late Micheline Arcier and whilst working in this famous clinic in Knightsbridge for over 17 years was involved in training on the Micheline Arcier Aromatherapy courses and also in house training for new therapists joining the clinic.
This unique treatment which has been handed down from Marguerite Maury to Micheline Arcier involves working on the nervous and lymphatic systems of the body.
Learn the importance of the effect that the essential oils have on the mind helping to elevate stress and improve wellbeing and helping your client look younger.
Please note that students must be qualified in either ITEC Massage or equivalent before enrolling on this course.
Case studies and assignments are an important part of this course students must be able to show ongoing learning and reflect on their progress - during treatments & other forms of aromatic application.
Students will practise on one another initially and wherever possible on models.
All students are requested to attend an interview before enrolling to discuss the course details and requirements.
During this course you will learn:
- Contra indication to treatment or oils
- Health & safety issues
- Client care & management
- History of aromatics
- Taxonomy – plant families
- Fixed oils (19) which can be used and where they come from
- Chemistry of essential oils
- Essential oils (42) and how & where they are obtained & their effects
- Blending of oils
- Methods of application
- Unique Aromatherapy Massage Treatment
- Home care advice
Course Information & School Fees
- IC-003 - Aromatherapy
- Course Location:
- Serenity Spa School, London, WC1X 8TX
- Course Length:
- 16 weeks (including practical assessment)
- Start Date:
- on going / on demand
- on going / on demand
- 9:00am - 17:00pm
- School fees:
- Janice Iles (CIBTAC, SCS dip, ITEC)
- School fees include:
- Text book;
- Work file & course notes;
- Samples of base products.
- Please note:
- Students will need to buy oils and essential oils to use at home. All necessary oils are available during class time.
- School fees do not include:
- ITEC exam fee.
- ITEC practical assessment fee.
- At the end of the course students will sit one theory paper supplied by ITEC for Aromatherapy and take an ITEC practical assessment for Aromatherapy.
- On successful completion you will receive an ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy.